Thursday, December 27, 2012

How to use Flickr photos as Buttons

After reading this blog post by Print Smitten that had a collection of free social media buttons in different colors, I wanted to know how to add them to my page. I had worked with the html before and I knew a little bit, but there were some vital links missing.  Finally I found Sew Many Way's blog post that gave a great step by step of how to edit the html of a page to include the buttons but she used photobucket, which is an account I don't have.

I wanted to use flickr to make this on my blog.

Here is how to get the img src link from flickr to use in Sew Many Way's instructions for step 2 and 3.

Upload your photo to flickr.

Click on Share, then go to Grab the HTML/BBCode and copy and paste the code that is there.

Copy and paste that code into a word processing document. Select the text from the img src portion of the code.

You are now ready to work on Step 5 of Sew Many Way's blog post.  You could make your life easier by copying the code on my page to enter into step 5. Right click my blog, choose "View Page Source", search for pinterest, then copy the lines associated with the content you want (lines 961 to 969 in the example below.

You can copy that code into your word processor, make the appropriate changes to the urls that apply for your content, then copy and paste it like steps 7 and 8 discuss.

Good luck! Hopefully your blog will look better and better as you add new items of interest to it.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the tutorial. I'm definitely going to try it out when I get more time. =)

    Hugs from you newest "Trade-a-holics" fan,
    Janice @ Pedoozle

    ReplyDelete